Every vehicle has a fuel injection system in it. The function of a fuel injector is to spray gasoline into the engine, so it can sustain the internal combustion process. However, these fuel injectors will get cluttered with debris as time goes on. Contaminants like wax, dirt, carbon particles and additives will negatively influence the injectors and cause them to malfunction. Dirty fuel injectors could spray fuel at irregular patterns into the engine, which would cause your gas performance and gas mileage to suffer for it. As time goes on, you will have trouble starting your vehicle until the time comes when you can’t start it at all.
Top 5 Fuel Injector Cleaners (For Petrol and Diesel Engine)
When fuel injectors start to go bad, you can either replace the injector or you can apply fuel injector cleaner to it. The first option should be to use fuel injector cleaner because this can save you money from having to purchase a new injector. If you use the cleaner often, it will prevent the injector from getting clogged with debris and preserve its lifespan.
Below are the top 5 best fuel injector cleaners for diesel and petrol engine.
- Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner – Chevron fuel cleaners are used all around the world. They have a patented “Techron” technology which is really an additive for enhancing the performance of your engine. It will boost the acceleration and power of your engine back to its original state. You will also get the best fuel economy that you can as well.
- Royal Purple Max-Clean Fuel Cleaner – Royal Purple is a fuel injector cleaner that has been around for ages. They keep improving their cleaning formula with stronger abilities for eliminating carbon so that engines can perform as strong as they should be. You should notice a 3.2% increase in the performance of your fuel and a 2.6% increase in your vehicle’s horsepower. The best part is that it is an eco-friendly cleaner with few toxic emissions.
- Red Line Complete SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner – Some consider this to be the top fuel injector cleaner on the market. Although it is one of the more expensive ones, it contains polyether amines to enhance its cleaning potential to the max. This means one 15 oz. bottle will completely clean the fuel injection system of your vehicle. Plus, it contains synthetic cylinder lubricants which enhance the quality of your combustion chambers and valves as well.
- Lucas Fuel Treatment – This is actually both a fuel injector cleaner and conditioner. Your entire fuel injection system will undergo rejuvenation with the Lucas Fuel Treatment solution applied. It will clean as much as 400 gallons of fuel, whether it’s diesel fuel or gasoline fuel. This makes the solution suitable for a lot of different vehicles.
- BG 44K Fuel System Cleaner – If you don’t mind paying a little extra for a fuel injector cleaner, this one will do a good job of eliminating residue and rust. It will also thoroughly clean your combustion chambers and valves as well. One kit of BG 44K should be able to clean 20 gallons of fuel.
When to Use
The time to use the fuel injector cleaner will depend on a couple of factors. You first have to consider how often you drive long distances and then you must consider the temperatures of your environment. If you normally drive around town or live in a colder environment, then you should apply cleaner to your injectors every 3,000 miles. Those who often drive long distances or in hotter temperatures may have to do it sooner. Check with your car manufacturer for their recommendation.