A car wash is important to periodically have done to your vehicle. Aside from just cleaning your car, it can prevent dirt and residue from building up on the exterior over a long period of time. After all, the longer you wait to get a car wash, the harder it is to clean the hard residue that may exist on your vehicle. In addition, car servicing at a car wash may also include towel drying, waxing, and interior vacuuming as well.
How Much Should You Tip?
The tip amount you leave the service person should depend on the size of your vehicle and how many services they perform on it besides just washing. And, of course, the quality of the job should be a consideration as well. Below are the top 5 tip amounts you may expect to pay at a car wash or car servicing place.
- Two Dollars–A $2 tip is fine if you have an economy size car that is getting washed and towel dried by hand.
- Three Dollars–A $3 tip is better if you’re getting your economy size car waxed and vacuumed in addition to the washing.
- Four Dollars–A standard tip if you have a bigger car to get washed, such as a van, truck, or SUV. These vehicles require more time to wash which means a bigger tip is better.
- Five Dollars– A better tip to give if you’re getting your bigger vehicle waxed and vacuumed as well as washed.
- Fifteen Percent – If you are getting a car servicing that involves full detailing, then a 15% tip on the total amount will be best. This percentage is also a good amount if you cannot decide on a proper tip to give the person. So, for example, if your total car service cost $20, then leave the person who did the work a $3 tip.
Read also: 5 Shocking Tips to a Successful Car Camping
Overall, the amount of your tip should be based on the quality and value of the service you received for the money that you paid. Although tipping is never something that is required, it does show an appreciation to the service person for the quality job they did on your car. And if they know that a tip is to be expected, they will go above and beyond the call of duty in order to please you so they can get that big tip. The only time you should leave a lesser tip is if the quality of the job is not as great as it could have been.