If you have a young child that is 3-years-old or younger, then you should already know that you can’t just put them on the regular seat in the back of your car. Instead, you must purchase a special car seat that is made specifically for infants and then put that car seat on top of the normal car seat in the back. These child car seats are made especially for children so that they can remain safe and secured in the back while the car is in motion. In most locations, the laws require parents or caregivers to have these special care seats for any children that are being transported.
Top 5 Car Seats
Aside from following local laws, you also want to purchase a quality car seat which will make your child safe and comfortable at the same time. Believe it or not, there are lots of different car seat manufacturing brands out there. You’ll want to invest in the very best car seat for your child so they will remain calm and relaxed throughout the entire car trip rather than making a lot of noise. Below are the top 5 car seats for a young child.
- Chicco KeyFit–This car seat has been optimized for crash protection and easy installation. You can secure the Chicco KeyFit in the backseat using the safety belts or the latch system of your vehicle if it has one. The result will be having the KeyFit totally secured with no chance of it moving around. There is also a second version called the KeyFit 30 which is designed for heavier babies over 30 pounds. This will give you a few years out of the seat at least as your baby gets a little older.
- GB Asana 35 DLX–This is the only car seat brand offered by GB. The Asana 35 DLX ranks the best for its ability to protect a child during a car crash. These tests even showed the seat helps protects the head of the child as well. The Asana is easy to install and fits most vehicles. That way, you don’t have to worry about whether it will fit in your car.
- Cybex Aton 2–Top rated in crash protection, the Cybex Aton 2 contains a load leg feature that helps in reducing the impact on the child from a car crash. The car seat should fit in any vehicle although it is recommended that you use the Latch system to secure the seat in place.
- Maxi-Cosi Mico AP–A great car seat for head protection in the midst of a crash. The Maxi-Cosi Mico AP is made for lighter babies that weigh up to 22 pounds and have a height of up to 29 inches. The car seat itself is also lightweight which makes it easier for parents to carry the car seat around.
- Combi Shuttle–This car seat is not only designed for easy installation and crash protection, but it is made for bigger babies as well. It has a maximum height capacity of 33 inches and a maximum weight capacity of 35 pounds. If you use the seat without its base, it can be made more comfortable for smaller infants that weigh up to 22 pounds. You could keep this car seat for 1-3 years and never have to purchase another one.
Read also: 10 useful Tips for Buying Used Cars
The price range of these car seats is between $180 and $370. This might sound like a lot but when you consider all the years you’ll get out of them, it is really a good investment. The manufacturers of these car seats all claim they have crash protection which is the most important thing. Depending on the size of your baby, you may choose to go with a bigger car seat like the Chicco KeyFit 30 rather than the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP. No matter what you choose, any one of these 5 car seats is the best you could ever purchase for your baby’s security and comfort. That is the most important thing.