Everyone dreams of getting behind the wheel of a sports car. What makes these cars particularly thrilling is that they are made to perform better than the average car, especially at higher speeds. Everything from the precision and handling of the vehicle is an experience you cannot get in any other car. The only reason the average person doesn’t own a sports car is because they generally cost around $80,000. But what most consumers don’t realize is that there are some better deals on sports cars out there. You just have to know which cars to look for.
Believe it or not, there are some high-quality sports cars that cost less than $50,000. They still count as sports cars because they have engines with amazing horsepower which can let you increase your driving speed in a jiffy. They also have attractive outer designs that make them flashy and noticeable to anyone that you happen to pass by. Some even come with both automatic and manual transmission options with multiple speeds. If you are looking to impress your friends or family with a fast and fancy car, then you can’t go wrong with a sports car for under $50,000.
Below are the top 5 best sports cars that are available for under $50,000.
- Mazda MX-5 Miata – This Mazda sports car has a 4-cylinder, 155-horsepower engine with the option to choose from an automatic transmission with 6 speeds or a manual transmission with 6 speeds. It may not be the best on performance in comparison to other sports cars, but it handles beautifully like a go-kart. The price is just $25,000.
- 2017 Subaru BRZ – This Japanese sports car gives drivers great steering and excellent balance. Although it has a 200-horsepower engine, the performance certainly makes up for it. You can own this sports car for just $25,395.
- Cadillac ATS Coupe – Not only is this a great performing sports car, it is also a luxurious sports car because of its attractive design and powerful powertrains. With a 4-cyclinder engine which offers 272 horsepower, it is certainly faster than a lot of the other sports cars that are under $50K. This particular car is just $37,995.
- Chevrolet Camaro SS–If you’re looking for a sports car that is faster than a BMW M4, then the Chevrolet Camaro SS is for you. Priced at only $37,295, the Camaro SS has a whopping 455-horsepower LT1 V8 engine with a gearbox which enables you to have an automatic 8-speed transmission or a manual 6-speed transmission.
- Ford Mustang GT–Nothing beats the retro style design of the Ford Mustang GT sports car with a V8 engine that has 435-horsepower. On top of that, you have a comfortable cabin for cruising down the highway at top speeds. You could literally increase your speed to 60 miles-per-hour in just 4.4 seconds. With a price tag of only $32,395, you can’t go wrong with a classic style Ford sports car.
Read also: 5 The Best Cars for New Drivers
As you can see, you can purchase a sports car for just $10,000 more than the average compact car. The only difference between a sports car that costs $25,000 and one that costs $38,000 is the amount of horsepower. If you really care about increasing your speed to 60 miles-per-hour within seconds, then you might find spending thousands of dollars more on the car is worth it for