If you leave your car outside all day in the sun and then get inside of it, you will instantly feel all that trapped heat inside of there. The worst part is when your sweaty skin begins to stick to the fabric of your seat. Fortunately, modern technology has implemented climate controlled seating technology into car seats which allow you to cool them right away. The seats have perforated inserts with chillers and fans built into them to accomplish this task. Basically, it’s like getting air conditioning coming out of your seats rather than just your dashboard. This technology used to only be seen in luxury vehicles but now, more standard vehicles are getting this technology.
Top 5 Cars
Below are the top 5 best cars which have climate controlled seating technology in them.
- 2017 Dodge Challenger – The front seats of some 2017 Dodge Challenger models have retro cooling technology built into them. When you purchase the car, you can get the ventilated seats if you choose the optional package for the “leather interior group.” The seats and steering wheel also have heaters in them for when you experience colder weather too.
- 2017 Chevrolet Malibu – The perforated leather seats of this comfortable cruising vehicle will keep you cool in the hottest temperatures. The climate control system of the vehicle gives you heat or cooling options and a 2L Turbocharged 4-cylinder engine.
- 2017 Chevrolet Camaro – Another affordable vehicle with leather seats which have air cooling technology built into them. It is priced about the same as the Chevrolet Malibu but those who like muscle cars will like the design of this Camaro.
- 2017 Ford Mustang – Choose the EcoBoost Premium trim level option and you’ll enjoy heating and cooling from the leather seats of this vehicle. For $10,000 more, you can choose the Premium Convertible version and look flashy as you’re driving by the beach in the summertime.
- 2017 Kia Soul – This is certainly one of the most versatile new cars with climate controlling technology. As long as you choose the Soul+ trim level option, your vehicle will enjoy cooling and heating of the front bucket seats. In addition, the back seats can be heated too.
The great thing about these vehicles is they are priced at around $30,000 on average. Sure, it may be a little pricier than your typical $22,000 economy car, but it is not too much more money to get such a great technology that will keep you comfortable in the summer and winter seasons.