If you’ve been driving for more than 10 years, you probably remember being told by your driver’s education teacher to check your blind spot before changing lanes. Since side-view and rear view mirrors don’t reflect every spot behind your vehicle, you must turn and look over your shoulder to visibly view the blind spot. However, a lot of people don’t like to do this which is why there are so many accidents when people change lanes. Fortunately, most new cars these days are made with some kind of blind spot detection system that is built into it.
Top 5 Cheapest Cars
You might think that a blind spot detection system is only available in pricey cars. But there are some economy cars which have these systems in them as well. Below are the top 5 cheapest cars with superb blind spot detection systems in them.
- 2016 Honda Accord LX – This Honda model is the perfect example of an affordable car which gives you great blind spot detection. With a display screen next to the dashboard, you can see a real-time video feed of your passenger-side lane. This includes the entire area of the lane as if you were facing it yourself. Never again will you miss a blind spot with this detection system. The 2016 Honda Accord LX is priced at $24,005.
- 2016 Honda Civic EX – Honda continues to make some of the cheapest cars with great blind spot detection systems. This Honda model not only received an award for being the 2016 North American Car of the Year, but it has a blind spot camera and great fuel economy as well. The price of the 2016 Honda Civic EX is only $22,040.
- 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS – Although this vehicle looks small on the outside, the inside is very spacious and has a variety of safety features, including a blind spot detection system. It is priced at $21,610 and is truly great for anyone who wants the safest car possible.
- 2016 Honda Fit EX – Out of all the inexpensive cars that have great blind spot protection systems, the 2016 Honda Fit EX is by far the cheapest. It is priced at $17,800 and still gets high ratings for its safety features and technology.
- 2016 Ford Focus SE – The Ford Focus is certain a Ford model that is known for affordability and reliability. Although it does not have a blind spot camera, it does have a warning light on the rear view mirror when a car is passing you in the adjacent lane. Priced at only $18,515, the 2016 Ford Focus SE is truly the best option for those who love Fords and want great blind spot detection.
A blind spot detection system can basically detect when a car is passing you on the side. It will illuminate a warning light either on the mirror or on the dashboard’s computer screen. Some fancier cars even have cameras built into the mirrors which allow you to view a video feed of the blind spot.