Car detailing can be a great way to get your car looking like new again. The benefit of car detailing is that it cleans your car more thoroughly than a simple car wash would. It ensures that every little spot of your car is looking sparkling new. This process could involve restoring and waxing the car too. If you are someone looking to sell your vehicle, car detailing will ensure that you get top dollar for it.
Top 5 Tips
Below are 5 tips that you could follow to do your own car detailing job without getting it professionally done somewhere else and paying lots of money to do so.
- Clean Interior First–You will want to clean the inside of the car first so that it has time to dry as your cleaning the outside of your car. That way, it will be okay to get inside your car and drive it because the interior will be dry by the time you finish the outside. Also, when you clean the floor mats and shake them outside of your car, it will likely get onto your car’s exterior, which is another reason to do the inside first.
- Microfiber Clothes– The best way to dry your car is to use microfiber towels rather than standard cotton towels. Microfiber towels will ensure that no swirls or streaks are left behind after you wipe. This is great not only for drying your finish, but for drying the glass of your windows as well.
- Waxing Last– When you have removed every particle of residue from the finish of your vehicle, you can make this cleanliness shine more with just a little bit of wax. You can use the quicker conventional car wax that just sprays on or you can use a special polymer sealant that fills every micro flaw in the finish to make it look perfect.
- Avoid Automatic Car Washes–Automatic car washes may seem like an easy way to watch dirt and debris off the finish of your car, but it could also have the opposite effect. Those flappy rubber or vinyl strips that knock against the finish of your car tend to have their own built up dirt on them. So, when the flap against the finish of your car, it will cause more residue to build up on the finish rather than less. That is why you should avoid automatic car washes altogether.
- Wheel Well Cleaning–Aside from cleaning your wheels, you should clean the wheel wells as well. All you need to do is use a hose to spray the interior of the wells and then use a brush to scrub this area. Just make sure to use a clean brush that was not used to clean any other location on your car.
Read Also: 5 Tips to save money on car insurance
Remember that car detailing does not just involve the outside of the car but also the inside. It is done to restore an older vehicle into looking as new as possible. This is useful for selling a car because it will show the buyer that you have taken very good care of it and that will earn you more money in the sale.