The spark plug is a very important part of any vehicle. It creates the electric current needed to ignite the mixture of air and gasoline that has been compressed in the combustion chamber. If you have a high-quality spark plug in your vehicle, then it will give your vehicle the best gas mileage and performance that you can possibly get out of it.
A spark plug that fails to generate a powerful enough electric current will either result in your engine having a weaker performance or no performance at all. Your gas mileage will also suffer from this too because the combustion chamber will require more gasoline to sustain the power needs of the engine. Don’t let yourself fall into this trap. Take it upon yourself to purchase the best spark plugs possible for your vehicle.
The Top 5 Best Spark Plugs
There are a lot of spark plugs available on the market. If you were to go to your local auto body shop and ask for a new spark plug, they probably wouldn’t tell you what kind of spark plug they’re putting into your vehicle. So, if you were to educate yourself on the best spark plugs around, then you’d know what to spark plug to request for your vehicle.
Below are the top 5 best spark plugs:
- NGK G-Power Spark Plug – You can purchase 4 of these spark plugs for $10.84. For that price, you’ll get long-lasting spark plugs made from high-quality They will give you better acceleration and fuel economy which will save you money in the long run. The only downside is that you will have to manually set the right timing intervals for the firing with a spacer.
- NGK BPR4ES Standard Spark Plug – This is a tad more expensive at $3.62 per plug, but it will greatly enhance the performance of your engine. It is made out of zinc and copper and will fit perfectly in place of your other spark plug (perhaps even better). You won’t have to worry about the chance of there being a gas leak either.
- NGK G-Power Platinum Spark Plugs – At 6 plugs for $17.99, this is definitely an affordable set of spark plugs to purchase. They are also high-quality spark plugs too with better acceleration and idling. They should last the average driver around 80,000 miles to 100,000 miles.
- Bosch Platinum+4 Spark Plug: – This spark plug is a little more expensive at $6.08 per piece, but you certainly get what you pay for. The Bosch Platinum+4 Spark Plug is manufactured with quality in mind. It ensures that there won’t be any misfires during ignition. The best part is that your fuel economy and acceleration will both be improved, and the material it is made from will help it last for a long time.
- Denso Platinum TT Spark Plug – For those who don’t want to always ride the clutch, the Denso Platinum TT Spark Plug will enhance your vehicle’s acceleration and performance. At only $2.99 for each spark plug, you will notice a more efficient engine with a better fuel economy.
It is possible for a car owner to replace their own spark plug themselves. The replacement job should only take about one hour and if done correctly, they would have saved $100 from going to a professional mechanic. As you can see from the list above, the cost of the spark plug pieces is very inexpensive. You could be looking at no more than $20 or $30 if you do it yourself versus $120 or $130 with a professional auto mechanic.