Last Updated on November 14, 2019
If you drive an automobile then you are required to have car insurance for it. As you probably already know, car insurance covers the costs of repairing any damages that your vehicle may have endured as the result of an accident or some other unforeseen circumstance. But what you may not realize is that some car insurance companies offer better protection and prices than others that you come across. You just have to know how to investigate these companies before signing on with them.
Top 5 Car Insurance Companies
The most reputable car insurance companies are those which have been around for many years and like to reward their safe drivers with discounted monthly premiums and coverage packages. Below are the top 5 car insurance companies out there which have maintained a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Allstate Insurance–Known for their discounted insurance rates and quality insurance policies, Allstate has gotten high ratings from its customers. Even people who have purchased rental car insurance through Allstate have praised the company for its deals. The best part is that you get more discounts for things like anti-theft devices and maintaining a good driving record.
- Progressive –You’ve probably seen Progressive advertisements more than a few times on television. That is because they are always trying to be competitive in their pricing in order to attract new customers. They don’t have the best ratings from J.D. Power, they do have the best prices. So, if you are looking to save money on your premiums, Progressive might be an insurance company worth looking into.
- Auto-Owners Insurance–For an insurance company that was founded in 1916, you don’t often hear too much about Auto-Owners Insurance. This might be because they have a network of independent agents who sell insurance policies directly to people. The company received a 5/5 rating from J.D. Power for their ability to satisfy their customers’ claims.
- State Farm–Ever since this insurance company formed in 1922, they have maintained a high level of customer satisfaction. They are also one of the few insurance companies left that still has a powerful physical presence with many offices throughout the country. This creates more individualized customer care that you cannot get with just online support forms.
- Liberty Mutual–This insurance company has been around since 1912 and they currently insure as many as 1.5 million cars. They have high ratings for their quality of customer service and their standard insurance coverage packages. Some of their features include accident forgiveness on the first accident, 24-hour customer service, and new car replacement.
Consumers often feel enticed to choose an insurance company that they see advertised frequently such as Progressive, Allstate, or State Farm. While these companies may have been around for a long time and have money to spend on good advertising, this doesn’t necessarily mean they are the best for your budget. Even though they might offer discounts, you may still be able to find cheaper rates with a company like Auto-Owners Insurance which does not do much advertising at all. On the other hand, if you are not afraid to pay a little more in your premiums each month in order to get good coverage, you can’t go wrong with Liberty Mutual.
Before you sign any agreement with an insurance company, it is always a good idea to research all the best rates and deals that are available first. Insurance coverage is not something you should jump into lightly because there are many variables that need to be taken into consideration based on your financial and personal situation.